RFC Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane
£74.99 – £139.99
Bulk Product Offers
|Min Buy||Max Buy||Offer|
|2 Units||-||5 % Discount|
RFC Liquid Damp Proof Membrane (DPM) is a professional 2 component applied surface primer. It’s primarily designed for brushing onto concrete floors and fine concrete screeds.
It has excellent adhesion to damp cementitious surfaces and once dried provides a dry barrier against moisture below. That means it’s a perfect paint on damp proofing for a cellar, basement, garage or utility space.
Please note the raw materials that make up this product are in short supply and the price is increasing daily. We are trying to hold prices as long as possible but we advise customers to purchase ASAP to secure stock at the price shown. Furthermore, those wanting in excess of 30kg should contact us before ordering online to check on stock.
Fast Curing System
The fast curing time, from only 12 hours minimum, also means this liquid damp proofer can be quickly overlaid with vinyl, tiles, carpets, laminate flooring and other resin-based products without the conventional “drying out” period being observed. A minimum 2-coat application is recommended for the best results.
If covering with another material such as vinyl we recommend any adhesive being used is water-based. This is because epoxy-based adhesives can weaken/attack the DPM over time.
While this epoxy-based liquid DPM does offer some resistance against chemical spillage it’s primary function is to provide a damp proof barrier.
Add A Complete Resin System
For spaces such as factories, workshops and warehouses that want a full resin system, we would then recommend painting over with 2 coats of RFC Epoxy Floor Coating for a complete protective resin floor installation. This also offers decorative properties great for car showrooms and similar environments.
As an alternative, if your space is subject to chemical spillage then you should paint over with RFC Chemical Guard.
Available in 2 Colours To provide a Visual Application Aid
This damp proof floor paint is available in 2 colours, red or yellow. This is not for aesthetic purposes but purely so the installer can see where the liquid tanking membrane has been applied to the floor.
Once a transparent alternative has started to dry it can be difficult to see the area that’s already been covered. The slightly yellow or red milky finish will clearly indicate where you’ve already painted the DPM. This saves on having to purchase extra and ensures an even covering.
Liquid DPM Applications
RFC liquid epoxy damp proof membrane is perfect for ensuring damp doesn’t work its way through to a decorative surface. In residential environments, it’s perfect for cellars, basements or garages that have been made into living accommodation or games rooms. Commercially this product is good for inspection pits, workshops, laundries, dairies, kitchens and food storage areas.
This is a perfect treatment to cure a damp concrete floor. The resulting surface can then be painted over with a resin-based coating or overlayed with carpet or vinyl coverings.
- The liquid DPM is applied directly to the floor creating an impermeable layer. This means moisture cannot travel through to the surface of the concrete slab. This is not the case with plastic DPM’s because moisture can travel to the surface and then work it’s way to the edges. Eventually, the moisture will work its way up through floor coverings or skirting boards
- As a remedial solution, an epoxy damp proof paint is a cheaper alternative to digging up the existing floor and re-installing. This solution therefore saves time
- It can be installed directly over a damp floor with low moisture content
- 4m² coverage per 1kg
- For 2 coats 5 Kg will cover 10m2
- For 2 coats 10 Kg will cover 20m2
Recommended Application Tools
- Rubber gloves
- Roller frame
- Roller sleeves
- Mixing scuttle
- Paint stirrers
Specifications & Datasheet
- Solvent-free with low odour
- For interior use
- Excellent adhesion to damp concrete and sand/cement screeds
- Easy to apply paint on damp proofing
- Available in red or yellow as a visual application aid
- Available in 5 & 10kg units
- Professional liquid 2 part damp shield system
- Resists fungal & bacterial growth
- 0.5mm application thickness with 2 coats
- 12 hours minimum time to overcoat – depending on the ideal application temperature of 15-25 °C
- 48 hours maximum time to overcoat
- A similar product to Resdev Pumaprime DPM and Watco Dampguard Advanced formerly called Dampshield
How long does liquid DPM take to dry?
As long as the application temperature is observed RFC’s DPM can be dry in as little as 12 hours. The maximum drying time is 48 hours.
Can you paint over DPM?
Once dry you can paint over the surface with the RFC range of epoxy and polyurethane resin paints. If you prefer you can also install carpet, laminate or vinyl floor coverings.
Can water come up through a concrete floor?
Concrete is a porous material therefore, moisture can be absorbed from above and below. You can stop this and prevent damage to the floor coverings above by sealing the surface with a liquid applied damp proof membrane.
Can I install a self-levelling screed above DPM?
Yes. If speed is important then install something like Resdev Pumaflow Poured Resin Flooring. This is a medium to heavy-duty product with good abrasion resistance and an attractive finish.
This is a stocked item and will generally be delivered within 2 working days following the date of order. During busy periods this may not be possible so if your order is time critical please contact us before placing your order.